Sunday 6 November 2011

Miss World 2011: Miss Venezula, Ivian Lunasol Sarcos Colmenares

2011 Winner
A woman who spent five years training to be a nun has been crowned the winner of Miss World 2011. Miss Venezuela, Ivian Lunasol Sarcos Colmenares, beat contestants from 122 countries to the coveted title after impressing the judges in the categories of beach beauty, top model, talent, sports, and beauty with a purpose - where the contestants must demonstrate involvement in a charity project.

Miss World 2011: Miss Venezula, Ivian Lunasol Sarcos Colmenares, has taken the coveted title


Ms Sarcos Colmenares, 21, who has a degree in human resources and currently works for a broadcasting company, was the favourite going into the final which was held at London's Earls Court this evening. She was orphaned at a young age and once dreamt of becoming a nun. Now she said she wants to use her title to help other people.

She said: 'Winning means everything to me and I hope to take advantage of being a winner in a productive manner. I’m unbelievably happy to have won and there are some incredible girls. I first and foremost want to help people in need. I would like to help people like me. I am an orphan. I would also like to help the elderly and troubled teenagers. As many people as I can.


'Unfortunately I lost both my parents at a very young age which led me to study for five years in a nunnery. I spent my five years in there and my dream was to become a nun.' Billions from around the world tuned into see her crowned the winner while the runners up prizes went to Miss Philippines and Miss Puerto Rico. Fans who were unable to follow the final on television were kept up-to-date on the internet via live streaming and Facebook updates and tweets. (Dailymail)


No comments:

Post a Comment