Wednesday 9 November 2011

Rapper Heavy D dead: MC Hammer tribute



Dead: Heavy D at the BET Hip Hop Awards last monthRemembered: Heavy D, who died at his Beverly Hills home yesterday, aged 44, pictured at the BET Hip Hop Awards last month
MC Hammer has led tributes from the R&B world for rapper Heavy D, who died of a suspected heart attack yesterday. The 44-year-old hitmaker reportedly collapsed after walking up stairs at his Beverly Hills apartment building. An associate has also said he had pneumonia and police are investigating. Tributes have flown in for the Now That We Found Love singer, Dwight Arrington Myers, the lead rapper of Heavy D and the Boyz.
U Can't Touch This singer MC Hammer tweeted: 'We had a lot of great times touring together. He had a heart of gold. He was a part of what's good about the world.' Rapper Diddy - real name Sean Combs - had a special connection to the dead rapper. 'Heavy D is the person who gave me my 1st chance in the music industry,' he revealed. 'He got me my internship at Uptown. He Believed when no one else did. My Heart is Broken. Pls pray for my man Heavy D and his Family. PLS #RipHeavyD love you Boy. 4ever'

Heavy D last performed at the Michael Jackson tribute concert just last month. He was joined by the King of Pop's sister La Toya Jackson on stage. She tweeted yesterday: 'My heart goes out to the family and (loved) ones of Heavy D. I am sooo sorry for your (loss). You will be in my prayers.' Singer Brandy added: 'I am shocked, overwhelmed, and all of the above at the death of @heavyd ! May you rest in peace!! I love you and I promise to live INSPIRED!

Basketball legend and sometime-rapper Shaquille O'Neal posted a video online in rememberence of the rapper. He said: 'A lot of people are asking me how Heavy D influenced me. Well, Heavy D was the one who taught me, as a superstar, it's okay to be humble. 'When I met Heavy D, he was just so nice to me. I met him when I was 14 years old. rest in peace Heavy D, love you.' (DailyMail)





No comments:

Post a Comment