Tuesday 30 August 2011

Musician First Farai Accused of stealing Mashakada Condolence Money


Sungura musician First Farai is being accused of stealing condolence money for the late Cephas Mashakada. The accusation was made by fellow musician, Hosiah Chipanga  who said the Hurudza Express band leader collected $500 but only made available $300.
In a graveside speech Chipanga said “As we bury our fellow musician Cephas today, my heart is bleeding after an evil act has been committed among us at this funeral. I am not pleased and this must be exposed after I notified the Mashakada relatives about it. Imagine, First Farai disappeared with the condolence money,” said a tearful Chipanga. “Our patron (Minister Webster Shamu) told us in Chitungwiza to be organised and Farai volunteered to be the secretary and it was suggested that I keep the money. To my surprise, First Farai started pocketing the money and he disappeared with it,” said Chipanga. “We communicated this to Madzibaba Nicholas Zakaria that he hand over the money to me but he never gave me the money as the treasurer. He left the place with the money and I confronted him here after we wanted to buy more food for men who were preparing the grave,” added Chipanga. First Farai did not want to talk about the matter. Farai said: “I don’t have a comment. Write what you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment