Monday 29 August 2011

X-Factor Zimbabwean Contestant Gamu Nhengu Finds love


 Gamu Nhengu has a boyfriend, Jamie Rintoul, a guitarist in a rock band. The couple have been together for just a few months. Gamu says the relationship is serious, adding: “Jamie is just great. He’s a guitarist in a band called The Colony and one of his friends took me to watch them play in Glasgow, so that’s how we met.

They are heavy metal, which is funny.t’s a huge contrast to my music. “When I went to see them, I was wearing a cream blazer and these very classy jeans. I walked in and everybody else was wearing Converse and ripped jeans. “A couple of months later, I asked him if he fancied working with me on a couple of tracks. We did that and eventually started dating.” Gamu will showcase songs from her new album for the first time at an exclusive performance at the Great Scot Awards at the Hilton on Saturday, September 10, when Britain’s Got Talent winner Jai McDowall will also star. Despite speculation that X Factor producers would give her another chance this year, Gamu has not heard from the show. She said: “I haven’t heard from Simon Cowell, or Cheryl, but I wouldn’t have expected to anyway. He didn’t even call me during the show and I didn’t hear from him after either. “I wasn’t expecting him to come round to mine for a Sunday roast or anything, so that’s fine. I’m mature about it.” And she says she won’t watch the current series of X Factor because it isn’t the same without Cowell. She added: “The judges have changed. I don’t know what to think of them. “Simon is so unique I am not sure you could ever replace him. “The artists they have put on the board are all very respected in their own right, so I don’t think it will lose any of its credibility. But without Simon, I’m just not sure if there will be the same magic.”

No comments:

Post a Comment