Thursday 29 September 2011

Dont cry at my shows - Tongai Moyo


SUNGURA musician Tongai Moyo fired early warning shots ahead of the Zim’s Finest gig when he put up a sterling performance at a family show at Harare Gardens at the weekend. Dhewa as he is affectionately known in the music circles has been in and out of hospital but he has continued to wow the crowds every time he has taken to the stage.
Commenting on how he has continued to put up five-star performances even though his health has been deteriorating, Dhewa said his experience and teamwork has come in handy at such times. 

“I have been in the music industry for some years and I now know how I can entertain the crowd and my band has helped me a lot,” he said. The Kwekwe based musician, also said that fans should not come to his shows to sympathise with him but should come and enjoy themselves. “I urge my fans not to cry when they see me on stage like what happened at City sports bar but they should cheer up so that I can also feel happy and sing better on stage,” Dhewa said. 

He added that the only time he will fail to go on stage is when he dies but as long as he is alive he will continue doing what he knows best. Dhewa also promised fireworks at the gig as he would have regained full energy. 

“My radiotherapy medication will end this week and come Friday I would have regained full fitness and fans should not expect anything less than a five star performance.” Dhewa said. It was a moment to savour, when Dhewa’s old friend Somandla Ndebele joined him on stage to sing their old hit song “Moyo Wekurera”. Rhumba musician, Madiz and Tendai and Morgan Dembo supported Dhewa.

No comments:

Post a Comment