Monday 24 October 2011

I have quit football to concentrate on music - Dhewa's son Peter moyo


Peter Moyo, the eldest son of the late Tongai Moyo says he has quit football to take charge of Utakataka Express. ”I returned home from South Africa to support my father. I have since stopped playing football so that I can concentrate on enhancing my music career and I have always wanted to be a musician,” he said.In an interview, Peter said he was raring to go but appealed for support from everyone. “We are going to continue with the good work that he started and hopefully we will pull through as team. “I think history was made and what’s left is for us to take it further so that the generations to come after us will know that there was once a great musician who loved and did everything for music,” he said.

Peter, however, conceded that it was not going to be easy for him to fill the gap left by his late father. “My father was a great musician and he always set himself high standards and it’s going be hard to maintain those standards. Right now we want to strive to achieve consistency,” Peter said.

Esau Mupfumi, a Mutare businessman and a close friend of the late Dhewa pledged his allegiance to Peter just like he used to when Dhewa was still alive. “I will always support the band as I have been doing all along. We are planning to bring Peter to Mutare soon so that he can prove his mettle,” he said. according to Sulumane Chimbetu, “Tese tiri vana vaMwari, asi pane mwanakomana waMwari. In this case it is Peter.”

No comments:

Post a Comment