Saturday 15 October 2011

Sungura's Finest son Tongai Moyo Dies

Zimbabwe has lost one of the finest Sungura musicians to grace modern Zimbabwe music. Sungura giant, Tongai Moyo is no more. Dhewa died this evening in Zimbabwe. Tongai has been fighting cancer, since last year. Moyo had hoped that the drug, Rituxmab would see him returning to good health. It was not to be. I am personally devastated as i have lost one of my favourite Sungura Musicians......This is not right.....Why?
Tongai's last words on his condition were - “The doctor said I have many tumors in my chest and stomach with the biggest one being about 10cm long. The other one is 9cm. With Rituxmab, I hope to improve, but then the problem is that someone has advised me to go to India where the drug is manufactured so that I can get follow-up medication,”.  
“I have been experiencing excruciating pain in my body since August when I skipped medication. I cough throughout the night, my feet are swollen, I have a sore throat and my kidneys are something else. I also have wounds on my sides. But I will not go for painkillers, I am afraid of an addiction. I would rather pray,” said the singer who was recently treated for a brain tumor.

REST IN PEACE DHEWA!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment