Wednesday 30 November 2011

Major Boost for Tryson Chimbetu at Titanic clash

Tryson Chimbetu
RISING DENDERA music exponent Tryson “Dr Nero” Chimbetu has every reason to be ecstatic! The 23-year-old singer begins the festive season on a high note after being accorded a slot in the much-hyped Titanic Clash headlined by Alick Macheso and Oliver Mtukudzi on Friday night at Chitungwiza Aquatic Complex. 

Although the attention would be on Tuku and Macheso, it should be mentioned that Tryson Chimbetu has the potential to steal the show judging by his current form.

In an interview with H-Metro, Tryson who is likely to be the opening act, said: “I can’t wait for the show. I am full of energy and I have reserved everything for the special day. “It’s a big event because both artistes (Tuku and Macheso) are crowd pullers and I feel I should prove a point. “I am humbled to be associated with the titans of Zimbabwean music.
“I have worked with Macheso for some time and it's a good experience to be engaged with Tuku. “My performance begins at 8pm before Samanyanga and Macheso take over.” Tryson, who pledged to deliver a polished act, added: “I will be on fire. I will also play some of the songs on my forth coming third album namely Kumapako, Shingirira among others.

“I will also play the famous Samatenga among other songs. “I will also take revellers down the memory lane by playing songs from the legendary Simon Chimbetu and my father Naison Chimbetu.” The former Glen View High student burst onto the music scene in 2008 when he released the album Marxist Revival and his latest project Bvamroad. Tryson is expected to release his third album before Christmas. (H-Metro)

No comments:

Post a Comment