Thursday 24 November 2011

Young Igwe dates Tuku

Senior Superstar Oliver Mtukudzi will be sharing the stage with his ‘son’ Peter Moyo at the same venue that he last played with his late biological son Sam Mtukudzi in 2009. This historic venue Extra Mile will be exploding as the in-form Young Igwe shares the stage with Tuku for the FIRST time since his father’s death.
The show is slated for this Friday. The 22-year-old Igwe says he was looking forward to the show. He said he felt honoured to share the stage with Tuku and he will try his level best to surpass the high bar he set for himself basing on the shows he has held so far. “It’s a privilege to perform alongside Mudhara Tuku on Friday at Extra Mile.

“I am looking forward to a good show. “It’s my first time to share stage with him after my father’s death. We once played together at the Big Five show. “I am expecting to perform for a different crowd and Utakataka Express will deliver their best act,” he said. The soft-spoken singer said he was happy with the exposure he is getting and improvement with each passing show.

“My stage work is improving on every show. I am still working on a few areas to polish my stage work.“I am very pleased with the support I got since I started performing in Harare. “I am also looking forward to go to small towns where my father used to perform,” he added. (HMetro)

No comments:

Post a Comment