Monday 5 December 2011

Peter Moyo's love life in twists and turns since fame knocked on his door

Peter Moyo and Mercy
Peter “Dhewa” Moyo’s new fame has caused a stir in his love life amid revelations he has been dumped by a long time girlfriend over Facebook disclosure of his attachments to a number of other women. While his alleged girlfriend Mercy Gumbo exclusively revealed details of her “blossoming” affair with Moyo, the young musician claims he has lost his girlfriend because of her.
Moyo said he had parted ways with a girl only identified as Melissa because she was upset by the way many ladies (including Gumbo) were posting suggestive pictures and statements on his wall. Gumbo has a different tale. She initially refused to talk about the issue but later opened up on how she met Moyo and subsequent events that led to their love affair. She has evidence to back her assertions. Moyo is singing a sad love song: “I am now very single because Melissa recently dumped me after various media reports on me and Mercy.

“I am not in love with Mercy but she is just a friend. Other ladies have been posting whatever they like on Facebook and I am not happy about it. “I loved her (Melissa) but she has made her decision and honestly speaking, although it is disturbing, I have to concentrate more on music right now. I am really not considering another relationship anytime soon.”

Moyo says Melissa’s love was genuine because she had loved him well before his rise to fame. But Gumbo also claims she fell in love with the young man a long time before his father Tongai died. She says they were an item even before her lover revealed he was a musician’s son. “I met Peter on a plane when we were coming from South Africa last year. We just clicked and we kept in touch until we fell in love,” Gumbo revealed. “I did not know he was Tongai’s son and he only told me when we were deeply in love. He also came to know that I was daughter of a music promoter. The coincidence was just funny.”

Gumbo’s mother runs a joint in Raffingora popularly known as KwaMai Gumbo that often hosts music shows. “Peter would come with his father when he was performing at my mother’s joint and we would spend time together. I started regularly visiting him in Kwekwe,” said Gumbo. Gumbo said she has never heard about Melissa. “I only suspected a girl named Pepertua to be in love with Peter in the first days of our relationship. Perpetua should be in South Africa.”

She said after media reports about their relationship, they had agreed to keep their relationship far from the public and they are no posting messages on each other’s Facebook walls. On Friday morning she said she had last spoken to Moyo on Thursday around 11pm. She also claims that Moyo had at some point indicated on his Facebook profile that he was “in a relationship with Mercy Gumbo” but when he came on the limelight she asked him to delete the account because “he was now under public scrutiny.”

Standard Life and Style traced Gumbo’s posts on Facebook and realised she had sent the following messages apparently in relation to the above claim: Sweetie please delete this account hey, hear me I beg (you) (October 24 2011, 3.10pm). You have to delete this account ASAP (as soon as possible), why is it taking you long to delete it …maturity my love. (October 24 2011, 12.28pm)

Moyo maintains that they are just friends with Gumbo and admits their first meeting was on a plane on their way from South Africa. He also admits they had talked a lot during the flight. STANDARD

No comments:

Post a Comment