Saturday 28 January 2012

I will not sleep with rich men for money - Miss Harare


Miss Harare

New Miss Harare Emily Tatanga Kachote, 22 says she will never sleep with rich men for a leek lifestyle describing the practice as cheap. She however said it was difficult to make a living as a model in Zimbabwe. “Models living in Zimbabwe do not earn much. There are no jobs for them and those that are available pay so little. Big companies pay models $100 or $50 for an appearance on an advert and some do not pay. It is difficult to survive as a model.”

“Models and women in general should strive to provide for themselves the lovely things they desire. They should be empowered to know that men would respect them when they can look after themselves. Sometimes models cheapen themselves by getting into relationships for money.” She has not met the right guy yet but says respect is a major attribute of a potential suitor. Like most models she is fashion conscious.
“I love fashion; I can consider myself to be a fashionista. I follow current trends and I also design clothes. I designed some dresses that I wear. My intention is to design more clothes and be more involved in the fashion industry. My studies in psychology will help me because it is all about people’s mind and behaviour which usually impacts on fashion trends.” Kachote follows a strict exercising and beauty regimen to keep in shape and looking good.

“I always cleanse my face and drink two litres of water in the morning to detoxicate and cleanse my body. I exercise by jogging and doing sit ups and a little bit of running.” Winning the Miss Harare title was a dream for the Warren Park girl who started modelling in 2010. She contested for the Miss Wua title in 2010 and she did not win but this opened up avenues. A modelling scout from Zim Gossip spotted her and she was groomed and entered a number of pageants. Not giving up on the Miss Wua title she contested again last year and she was crowned the Queen.

She decided to go for something bigger and she clinched the Miss Harare title though it was not easy. “I am preparing for Miss Zimbabwe contest. It is not going to be an easy competition. The theme this year is I am Zimbabwean — one should know about the country and its different aspects. “I am looking forward to the national pageant,” said Kachote with a smile. The Miss Zimbabwe pageant would be held in Harare in February this year.The contest is under new management, Miss Zimbabwe Trust that took over from Zimbabwe Tourism Authority. Yvonne Chiwara, Miss Zimbabwe Trust spokesperson promised a better pageant this year. (DailyNews)

No comments:

Post a Comment