Tuesday 31 January 2012

Progress Chipfumo ill

SOUNDS of Motherland frontman Progress Chipfumo is unwell! The phenomenal composer, social evangelist and entertainer is receiving treatment at home after being diagnosed of Tuberculosis. Proggy — as the creative genius of song is fondly known — has suspended live shows as a result of his failing health. When H-Metro visited the dreadlocked singer yesterday morning at his Southerton home, he was under the care of his wife Sindiswa Khumhalo.

“I am not feeling well guys,” said the singer in a faint voice as he ushered H-Metro into the house. Progress told H-Metro how he almost feared for his life when his health started to deteriorate. “At one point I thought I was dying guys. It all started with stomach pains towards the end of last year. “At one point I suspected it was typhoid because my body was weak. I also lost appetite. “My health deteriorated within a short space of time and we opted to go to Harare Central Hospital where I was tested for sugar diabetes, TB and HIV among other diseases.

“The results proved that I had TB. If it was HIV, I was just going to take medication just like any other patients do,” he said. The father of three said at one point he feared he would not respond to medication.
“I am still shocked with the way events unfolded although I managed to fulfill all my shows. As you can see, I have lost so much weight within a short space of time. “That's why I also failed to participate at the Chipaz Charity match and it was first time to miss the event

“I thank God for life,” he said Sindiswe interjected, “He might be unwell but he is responding well to medication. “The situation was bad a few weeks back. There was a time when he could not wake up or eat. His friends and relatives would see him from the bedroom. “He is also positive minded and the environment has given him enough room for a speed recovery.”  Progress told H-Metro that he has quit beer and smoking.

“Ndakabva ndaregerera beer ne fodya, kunyanya ma brand andaimwa (I have quit alcohol and smoking).
“I am now a clean man. “Handife ndakabata zvinhu zviya nekuti ndakarwadziwa ( I will never take such thing again). “Iwo ma brandy ndaiawanzawo futi ( I used to take a lot of strong stuff),” he said jokingly.
He also thanked his wife for the overwhelming support she gave when he was sick. “I salute Sindiswe for her help. Ukaona bhachura richiti hariroore zvinenge zvichakanaka. “I am happy I married a good wife.
“She was by my side nursing me for the past months and I owe her a lot,” he added. (H-Metro)

No comments:

Post a Comment