Wednesday 28 March 2012

Audius Mtawarira Mourns Dad, pens song in his memory

Audius Mtawarira
Shocked by the death of his father, R&B singer Audius Mtawarira has penned a song dedicated to the late Augustine Mtawarira. Mtawarira Senior succumbed to diabetes and was buried at Glen Forest Cemetery on Monday.

According to the 34-year-old singer, he will always remember his father for his encouragement and guidance before and after he went into music. “My father was a true pioneer in every aspect of his life. He did a lot of achievements. I remember when I started out my music career he didn’t want me to become a singer but then he later accepted it.

“He told me one important thing that if I wanted to be a respectable musician I should do things the proper way without short cuts,” he said during the funeral wake. The talented soulful singer said he has since decided to push further the release of his new album which will feature the single dedicated to his late father.

“The album is almost finished, but I have to include the new single that I wrote for my father. He was the one who taught me how to play the guitar and he made sure I attended the best schools from my primary to high school,” he said.

Formerly based in Australia, Audius reiterated that he has settled back home with his family and already building a house somewhere in the leafy suburbs of Harare. “The thing is I am not going back to Australia and this is my home,” the father of two said.

Audius burst onto the music scene at the turn of the century with his self-titled debut album released in 2002. In 2003, he released the album “Ever & After” which was followed by “Music & Me” in 2005, “Day Like This” in 2008 and later released the album “House of Stone”. Culled from Herald 

No comments:

Post a Comment