Saturday 28 April 2012

Freeman robbed twice in one night

Dancehall “Doctor” Freeman of Joina City fame had a nasty experience with thieves two weeks ago when he was robbed home and away. Freeman attended a show in Chitungwiza only to be robbed of his wallet by some fans who mobbed him after the show.

To add insult to injury he went home to find an empty house in Tynwald. “I had just come back from South Africa and obviously had bought new clothes and property. I then went to perform in Chitungwiza and my wallet was stolen as I was about to get off the stage with fans surrounding me.

“As if that was not enough when I arrived home, it had been emptied. I was only left with the clothes I was wearing and another pair of trousers the thieves did not take,” said Freeman. It seems this is not the first time the artist has been robbed.

“I wonder if it is the same person stealing from me. In 2010 my house was cleaned out. But this will not deter me from performing for my fans. I will not be moved or shaken. “You know some things usually happen to distruct you from your goals and ambitions but like I said before I will keep soldiering on. I  came back from South Africa on Wednesday after performing at the Independence commemorations held in Cape Town,” he said.

The artist reported the case to Dzivaresekwa Police Station and Marlborough Police Dog Section. “I have not recovered anything yet but I am not worried as I bought other things from South Africa,” he said. Freeman burst onto the music scene in 2010 with the song Joina City which turned into a ghetto anthem at one point.

He has two albums to his name namely Tapinda muStyra and Last Man Standing. The 23-year-old artiste had very interesting collaborations with Dancehall queen Lady Squanda. They often perform at the same shows as they have the same management.

Their song Neshungu has been doing well on radio and also in the streets. Freeman is currently working on a third album yet to be named. Newsday

No comments:

Post a Comment