Sunday 27 May 2012

Serena Williams: I've given up on romance after 'too much heartbreak'

Serena Williams
Heartbroken tennis star Serena Williams says she is giving up on romance for ten years after losing her own personal love match. The 30-year-old American star, whose last serious relationship is believed to have been with the US rapper Common, said: ‘I’ve given up on dating. The last relationship was just too much of a heartbreak for me.

 ‘I have to remove myself from that atmosphere for about the next decade or so.’ Elaborating on her situation today, the former Wimbledon champion added: ‘I’ve just had bad luck in love. If it doesn’t work, just leave it alone, right?

‘I think in general I have much better commitment to tennis now. I really feel 100 per cent. I love being on the court – I love every moment. This is what I live for.’ Given the lack of a dominant player on the women’s tennis circuit, it is possible that Williams – who is favourite for the French Open which starts on Sunday – could soon return to the number one spot and stay there as long as she feels like playing.

The second half of her 2010 season was written off after she suffered a serious foot injury, and last year she was involved in just six tournaments following a pulmonary embolism. Williams, currently ranked fifth in the world, has won 13 Grand Slam singles titles – five Australian Opens, four Wimbledons, three US Opens but just one French Open ten years ago.

But this year’s event, which follows five different women winning the past five Grand Slam titles, offers Williams a real opportunity to claim a second crown in Paris. Dilymail




No comments:

Post a Comment