Tuesday 26 June 2012

Daiton Somanje's son begs for assistance

Faheem Somanje
Faheem Somanje, the eldest son of musician Daiton Somanje, is seeking financial assistance that will enable him record his first album titled Ndezvedzinza. The 24-year-old talented musician, who is currently holding shows in Marondera and surrounding farms, is struggling to raise the much-needed money to enable him to record the five-track album.

In an interview, Faheem, who is also unemployed, said he had shelved the album for three years now.
If I had the money I could have released the album three years ago. The little I am getting from live shows is not enough for me to book for a professional studio.

If I get the money it wont take long for me to release the album that I know will do a lot in the music industry, he said. Faheem, who is not in good books with his father after being accused of disrespecting him, said there was no way Daiton was going to assist him in his musical career.

In as much as I would love to be assisted by my father, it is impossible, since we are not in good books, he said. The album Ndezvedzinza carries songs like Huya Kumba, Kuona Vobudirira, Kushungurudza Vana, Samatenga and Madarireiko.

Judging from his performance, Faheem could be the solution to this fathers waning career as the young musician is gaining momentum in his hometown of Marondera.

Daitons career is in shambles, as the musician famed for popular yesteryear hits like Seiko Kuonda and Tsaona, has become a pale shadow of his former self.

His recent albums have flopped while his shows no longer attract fans.

Last year Faheem described his father as a jealous man who was not happy to see his son excelling in the music industry.

No comments:

Post a Comment