Tuesday 26 June 2012

Maneta Apologises on her return to Harare


Apologetic Maneta
Zimbabwes disqualified representatives in the Big Brother Africa (BBA) Stargame reality show Maneta Mazanhi and Rockford (Roki) Josphats whose cat-and-mouse relationship in the house saw them biting more than they could chew have apologised to the nation for their unbecoming behaviour in the reality show.

Maneta, who returned home on a low note last Friday, told NewsDay her costly fights with Roki were not premeditated. Roki and I always had our differences when we were in the house. It was pure coincidence that I wore black on the day we fought and people thought I wore that colour intentionally. Our fight wasnt planned or staged. It was just an irrational reaction that happened, she said.
Maneta said there were lots of events that led to their fight, but on that day, anger got the better of her and things went haywire when she threw a floor cleaner on Rokis face and the latter subsequently retaliated.

Zimbabwe, I want to apologise for my behaviour in the house and especially for getting disqualified. I want you to find it in your hearts to forgive me and see it as a mistake. I love Zimbabwe. It was all a game, she said.

She further dismissed allegations that she had insulted Zimbabweans referring to them as illiterate. I never said Zimbabweans are illiterate. I was referring to one person (Roki) and he blew everything out of proportion as we were arguing. He said I had said the whole country was illiterate, Maneta said.

When the two housemates were evicted, most blamed Maneta and threatened to harm her. Others had planned to pelt her with rotten tomatoes and eggs at the airport, but her arrival was not made public for security reasons.

I havent yet gone to town. I am not so sure how people feel about me. I will do so at a later stage, she said. She hinted that she understood people were mad at her. Roki also apologised to the nation and said the BBA game was not an easy one.

Its not easy being in that house with cameras all over. Every time you talk, the cameras make a sound as if its a reminder that you are being watched. This makes it difficult for you to be ordinary and it kind of makes you do the extraordinary stuff, he said.

Roki said he had forgiven Maneta as she was like a younger sister to him. Roki, who returned last Thursday, said he had been scared to come back as he had disappointed his fans.

I was not sure of the response I was going to get as I knew Zimbabweans were disappointed by me. I must admit I was shocked to see hoards of people waiting to welcome me at the airport yesterday.

It was positive feedback and I was also shocked that a welcome home party had been arranged for me, he added. Newsday

No comments:

Post a Comment