Thursday 5 July 2012

King Shady sucked into dendera feud

King Shady
Rising urban grooves star King Shady (real name Shadreck Kwavire) has landed himself in the Chimbetu feud after rerecording Simon Chimbetu’s song Ndouraiwa with Tryson without Sulumani’s blessing. The song features on King Shady’s latest 20-track album.

Yesterday Sulumani Chimbetu, who has rights to Simon’s music, told NewsDay that all was done without his knowledge and he will take unspecified action against his cousin Tryson and King Shady.

“I only saw it in the newspaper that the two had done my father’s song without asking permission from me. I was going to grant them permission, but what they did was bad and I think I have to do something about it,” said Sulumani.

However, in a separate interview Shady said he first approached Sulumani for the collaboration, but he was told to wait at the studio and Sulumani didn’t show up.“I first approached him and he said I have to wait at the studio until two o’clock and up to now his two o’clock is still to come,” said Shady.

He said Tryson was the last person to approach since he is one of the dendera maestro’s family and accessible at the time.“Tryson was my last option because he was accessible and he is one of the family members so I don’t see any problem but if I had approached someone else maybe it was going to be a problem,” he said.

Contacted for comment Tryson, who is Sulumani’s cousin, said he could not comment on that issue.
“I cannot comment on that issue, but what I know is I don’t have any problem with Sulumani and he is my brother, that’s it,” he said. Recently Sulumani launched a complaint with Zimbabwe Music Rights seeking to block anyone from playing his father’s songs. Newsday

No comments:

Post a Comment