Sunday 15 July 2012

Maneta causes a splash on Twitter

Maneta
BIG Brother Africa hell-raiser Maneta Mazanhi has made a splash after joining Twitter. The 21-year-old – who was thrown off the M-Net TV show last month together with compatriot Roki Josphats following a fight – joined the social network on July 10 using the handle @maneta_m.

If she didn’t already know how unpopular she had become since going on the show, Maneta soon became aware that she wasn’t everyone’s favourite TV character. In her first tweet, she said she was happy to open the account following what she claimed was “public demand”.

But no sooner had she signed up she started taking abuse from some Zimbabweans – but she gave as much as she got. “Haters are so funny. The more you hate, the more people talk about me, the more people think about me and I become more famous *mission accomplished*,” she tweeted.

She objected to someone mentioning her mother (‘Dude you can say what you want but don’t say anything about my mum. Let her soul RIP’) and dismissed someone who questioned her claims that she was single as “lame”.

When another poster suggested she was “evil”, Maneta shot back: “You have said quite a lot about me today *maneta on your mind, all day, everyday*. Hate me or love me guess what, I ain’t going nowhere.”

Always one to wear her heart on her sleeve, Maneta told of an encounter with a “hot guy” – except there was a problem. “Just met a hot guy!!! His wife was also next to him. @ this rate I might just die alone,” she tweeted.

On Wednesday, Maneta met former Zambian housemate Mampi, with whom she had struck a friendship. Newzimbabwe

No comments:

Post a Comment