Friday 27 January 2012

Jamaican musician Movado in Zimbabwe

Jamacian reggae artiste David Brooks, popularly known as Movado, is in the country and expected to perform tonight at Rainbow Towers before holding another show in Chitungwiza tomorrow. Mavado, who calls himself the "Gully God" said he was happy to be in Zimbabwe and is looking forward to a good performance. 

"I am happy to be here and am very sorry for letting you down since I was expected in December. I had family commitments, as you know family comes first above all, but I am here now and geared for action,", he said. 
Mavado, who will be in Zimbabwe for four days, dismissed the notion that his music was satanic saying it was all about justice, peace, love and harmony. 

"I know there is the illuminati but believe me I am not one of them and my music is clean. Come for the show and you will see it for yourself," he said. Some of Movado's songs include "Gyal A Mad over", "Love me life", "I'm so special" and "The real McKoy" among others. The Gully God brought along a bodyguard and a DJ.
Movado will be supported by local artistes - Sniper Storm, Guspy Warrior, Winky D, Templeman, Jiggaz and Freeman among others. 

Show promoters C&A's Clint Robert- son said all was in place for the show and called on Zimbabweans to come in their numbers. "The show you have been waiting for is here and come and support. We apologise there was a little problem which was resolved. All is going according to plan and Movado is here," he said. 
The international star was presented with a branded Gushungo Label with President Mugabe's signature. (Herald)

No comments:

Post a Comment