Thursday 26 January 2012

Return of Plaxedes Wenyika

SOULFUL DIVA Plaxedes Wenyika says she is back in the game after her three-year hiatus! And to affirm her return with eloquence, Plaxedes - one of the pioneers of urban contemporary music - has released a refreshing single entitled Huya Ngikuratidze.

The single, that has been receiving fair airplay on the airwaves, was taken off her forthcoming fifth album titled Brighter Day due for release next month. In an interview with H-Metro, Plaxedes said the single marks her return to music. “This single marks the return of Plaxedes. I am back in the music circles for good now,” said the bubbly songbird.

When asked why she had gone silent for sometime, Plaxedes said: “Work commitments have been keeping me busy. However, I have since quit my job and I hope to become a full time musician. “Music-wise, I last released an album in 2009. “I'm that type of artiste that releases albums after every two years and I am yet to drop another one. “I would call my type of music adults' contemporary as it draws a lot of inspiration from jazz, Rn'b, Afro pop and traditional music. “People have always categorised me as an urban grooves artiste but my music has never really fitted into that genre.” 

Plaxedes added that she had not changed her genre but people should expect a better songbird this time around. “I am still into the love grooves but the old Plaxedes people know has changed. They can expect a different, new Plaxedes. Back then I hadn't started singing. I have now,' she said. The single was recorded under her own new label, La Cede International, which she says will also not be concentrating on the music side but clothing and toiliteries.

Her forthcoming album also features a number of people on the production side. “I did not want the album to be done by one person so I worked with a number of professional people in the music circles so that I release something that I can also market across borders. “I am also doing a video for a track on the album which will be shot in South Africa. I want to deliver something with quality so will also work with the best for the production,” she said.

Plaxedes, a proud mother of two, rose to prominence with the album Tisaparadzane followed by Kamhanzi, Sentiments and Full Circle was her last release in 2009. (HMetro)

No comments:

Post a Comment