Friday 27 January 2012

Mavado to use backtracks

Contrary to initial reports that Mavado would perform with his band the Jamaican dancehall performer, who jetted into the country on Wednesday night, said he will use backtracks. He will perform at Harare International Conference Centre tonight and Chitungwiza Aquatic Complex tomorrow. In an interview with NewsDay at Harare International Airport just after his arrival, Mavado said: 

“I didn’t bring my band this time, I was supposed to (bring the band), but there are now different plans. “I only managed to bring my DJ who will be spinning my tracks on the decks,” he said. Mavado was accompanied by three other people. Earlier on C&A Entertainment, organisers of the show, had confirmed Mavado would bring in his six-member band for his two shows.

Clint Robinson, director of C&A Entertainment, said he booked air tickets for seven people, but was not sure if this included the band. “I paid tickets for seven people, five arrived on Wednesday and two are set arrive today (yesterday),” he said. “I am not sure if these people are part of the band, but it seems as if for now Mavado will use backtracks as he brought his DJ,”said Robinson.

However, Mavado promised his fans a good show. “I know the people have been waiting for me and I promise them nothing but good music. People should come in their numbers as it will be a show to remember,” said Mavado. Some of Mavado’s hit tracks include Hope and Pray, So Special, Gyal A Mad Ova and Money Changer. (Newsday)

No comments:

Post a Comment