Tuesday 28 February 2012

President Mugabe Inspired By Gospel Singer Shingisai Suluma

President Mugabe told a multitude of people gathered to celebrate his 88th birthday that he is inspired by a song by gospel star Shingisai Suluma. President Mugabe who turned 88 this month attended his birthday celebration at Sakubva stadium in Mutare where he made a passionate request for Shingisai Suluma's song ---Nanhasi.

"I found myself instinctively humming the chorus of the song by Shingisai Suluma ---Nanhasi Munongondichengeta baba (even today you still take care of me God), handinganeti kutenda baba (I will always thank you my father). I hope you will sing it for me, I make that request," Mugabe said. "I have been receiving good wishes, gifts, messages, blessings and prayers from within and outside Zimbabwe."

Mugabe said the lyrics of the song inspires him to hope that he can still survive for more years even at his advanced age of 88.

No comments:

Post a Comment