Wednesday 22 February 2012

Rebecca speaks about her love

GOSPEL singer Rebecca Malope, a well-known spinster, is ready for a life of matrimony. Malope disclosed this week that she has fallen in love, and has also overcome her marriage phobia. Malope is now engaged to businessman Themba Tshabalala. "I think I was also ready for a soul mate. "I am not getting any younger - I am 44 years old. At the moment, we are giving ourselves time to know each other."
But it's only a matter of time before they settle down together. Malope also revealed that she has previously turned down three marriage offers - because she was not ready. She said: "My father was very abusive. Every time someone asked for my hand those episodes of violence started coming back to me. "I would think that this person would change and become abusive like him."

Fondly known as "Sis Ribs", Malope was adamant that this time it would work out. The queen of gospel is recording her live DVD and CD at the State Theatre in Pretoria on Saturday . Malope, who boasts 27 years of experience in the industry, said her secret of success was passion and determination. "There is nothing so pleasing as doing what you love and enjoy. Music is my life and I am grateful to God for the talent. I love preaching using music."

In April, Malope will be releasing album number 33. She said her road to stardom was not a walk in the park. "The road has been full of ups and downs. There are many challenges you face in the industry but I am glad I am still standing." On March 3, she will be staging her concert at The Lyric Theatre at Gold Reef City to "celebrate life and success in the music industry". "The concert will be to show appreciation [to] fans for being with me for the past 27 years. I will also celebrate my life." (Sowetanlive)

No comments:

Post a Comment