Saturday 7 July 2012

' Iam not quiting my day job - Nox

 Urban grooves artist Enoch “Nox” Guni says he is not quitting his day job despite his continuing success in music.

Nox who is based in South Africa is a full-time employee as a business development executive for an IT training company. Nox says his employer understands his passion for music and supports him.
“I balance everything well and I have now grown used to it. My employers understand my music side and they need me as well,” said Nox.
Nox says he is enjoying the way his music career has turned out. “Your value keeps increasing each time you have a successful performance and now I am very happy and satisfied. Money is never enough, even Bill Gates wants more money. But you can be content with what you have, that is how I am now, content,” he said.

Compared to what the local urban grooves are paid per show, Nox has his career on a good path as he makes most of his talent. On most gigs, local urban grooves are paid around US$300 but the South Africa-based Nox he cashes in more than that.

“I do not charge anything less than US$1 000 for a 2-hour performance. And on international shows I do not charge anything less than US$2 000 per show,” said Nox. On investments, Nox is building a studio and is involved in other businesses.

“The money is enough to invest; it just depends on your situation and your goals in life. I built a state-of-the-art studio here in South Africa, under the name Ice n Roses Records. “I intend to do the same in Zimbabwe before the end of the year. I also launched a clothing label, Ice n Roses which is on sale here in SA and its products are available in a few exclusive shops in Zimbabwe. I am working on a fragrance, Ice n Roses for women which will be launched before the end of the year as well,’ he said.

Nox was speaking as he announced that he was off to Australia. Barely a month after his United Kingdom gigs, Nox has set a date for Australia as he will perform at two gigs in Perth (August 17) and Brisbane (August 18).

The Australian gigs are being promoted by Afrostar Entertainment. It will be his first time to perform in Australia and Nox is taking it with an easy stride. “It will be my first time to be in Australia and I am very excited about this show. As always, I promise a performance that they will remember for the rest of their lives,” said Nox.

Unlike some artistes who thrive on controversy to excel, Nox has built his music career on hard work and a clean record. The artiste also acknowledged the fact that his being in South Africa has helped in elevating his career. Nox is among the first breed of urban grooves artistes, getting onto the music scene with songs such as Iwe Maria.

Last year, he began to make his mark again on the music scene with songs such as Wenera in which he features Maskiri and Chagwa Black. Ndinonyara did it for him again as people are enjoying this hit. After Ndinonyara, Nox has been releasing scorchers including Ini Ndada, Kana Ndinewe.


He has six albums to his name including Wandipengesa, Rhythm and Blues, Kana Musipo, Chapter 3, Music Love and Me, Tisu Tine Yese and Classic Love Songz. With all his achievements, Nox has not forgotten where he came from. “I have signed three artistes on my record label Ice n Roses.

They will be launched this year; you are up for a huge surprise. The artistes are Tyfah (a singer), Shock Tee (a rapper) and Sean Focus (a rapper/singer from Malawi). I have already been on tour with Sean Focus, we went to England. Then lastly I will be unveiling a new talented producer called Touch of Class,” he said.

No comments:

Post a Comment