Sunday 15 July 2012

Miss Zimbabwe leaves for Miss World

Miss Zimbabwe 2012
After weeks of speculation and uncertainty, Miss Zimbabwe Bongani Dhlakama, leaves the country on Wednesday for Mongolia for the Miss World finals. Since being crowned Miss Zimbabwe at a colourful ceremony in April, Bongani has endured weeks of uncertainty as her prizes were only handed over last Wednesday, just a week before departure, leaving her without much time to prepare.

Following a number of false starts, the pageant was finally held in April, four months after the scheduled December date, as the Miss Zimbabwe Trust struggled to find sponsors. The same dearth of corporate interest in the pageant must have worsened the delay in the hand-over of prizes.

Despite such a gloomy background, Bongani cut a positive figure last week as she promised to do her utmost best at the Miss World finals. In fact, she was oozing optimism throughout the hour-long chat.

"I am delighted that I am going to take part in the Miss World pageant. I promise that despite the stiff competition I am going to face, I will do my best and do my country proud," said Dhlakama.

No comments:

Post a Comment